9:23 PM

On internet browsers.

After so many distractions, I've finally managed to blog. And no time limits this time, I'm having a heart attack as it is trying to stay within the grace period. My real alarm clock will ring after fifteen minutes anyway.

Also, strict KAMIKAZE mode people. Whatdaheck---

Also, I am once again balancing spontaneous typing and trying to maintain decent conversation. Multi-tasker is me, people, yeah.

Anyway, I'll probably do random reader a favor and continue where I left off (assuming I do have a reader, anyway).

PeeCee-kun is one hell of a computer unit. Really. It's running on Windows XP Professional SP3, and yet the CPU has an Ubuntu sticker on it. And lots of Post-It's, too. Don't worry, I never let a Post-It remain sticking on the CPU's surface for more than two days. That's part of the motivation of my To-Do lists: I never remove notes until I've complete done as specified within that note.

So, yeah. Expect lots of notes around the room come cramming periods (finals, mid-sems).

Firefox runs faster here, too. I've tried Safari 3 and Safari 4 Beta, Google Chrome (I don't know if they have versions), and Opera. No, I didn't bother comparing my Firefox performance against Internet Explorer, because that's already a given. Heck, you should see Safari's boast about the browser: 8 times faster than IE, 4 times faster than Firefox, and from what I generally see on Techblogs, 2-3 times faster than Google Chrome. What does that tell you? IE sucks, big time.

I can clearly remember why I decided to abandon IE and switch to Firefox: the tabbed browsing's too damn slow. I used to click the New Tab button several times before a new tab actually appeared. And, yeah, have I told you browsing's abnormally slow?

So, I've been using Firefox for almost a year now (wait, if I'm not mistaken, it HAS been a year since I started using Firefox). And it seems that PeeCee doesn't want anything else, either. Safari is, indeed, faster than Firefox here but it lacked the keyboard shortcuts I normally use. I think the only big time point there is the Mac GUI. I admit, I have an Apple app-GUI fetish. Heck, for two months, my Firefox looked like a Safari browser. But that's it. Well, yeah, it's fast, and it looks like Mac, but it's not really that convenient for me.

Chrome on the other hand, made me go "wtf". It claimed to be faster than Firefox, and is claimed to be by other trustworthy techie-bloggers. So, why oh why, is it damn slower than Firefox? Once again, I can only name two features that I gave two-thumbs up: the GUI, and the independent tabs system thingy (I don't know the technical term for that, and even if I do, I probably might not mention it here. For no reason at all. 8D).

I have a thing for fancy and/or minimalistic and/or futuristic interfaces. And Chrome has that. So, plus points. Also, for someone like me who tends to work with 20+ tabs open at the same time, the browser tends to lag or at worst, crash. Chrome somehow remedies that using the independent tab thingy (which I am going to call ITT for short). Should one, or several, of the tabs slow down, it won't affect the browser in general. I can browse other working tabs without any fuss.

But, yeah. It's slow, alright? So, boo.

567 words people, I'll stop now.

0 typed back: