8:58 PM

Snippets: He said. She said.

She suddenly laughed at the sheer irony.

He frowned at his pity-party companion. "I fail to see the humor." he remarked.

She eventually quieted down and shook her head, hair lightly spraying droplets of rain around her. Once the adrenaline induced by her laughter receded, her body once again felt cold with her drenched attire. Rubbing her arms to produce some heat, she turned to him.

"For a scholar, you sure are narrow-minded at times." she said.

"You haven't answered me yet."

'Was there even a question?' She suppressed the urge to retort, figuring her companion wouldn't appreciate one.

"Forgetting doesn't always work, you know." she began, sobering immediately. "And with my kind of job, it never will. You'll more likely forget your sanity first."

She reached out for the window with her uninjured arm and let the droplets fall on her outstretched hand.

"The most I could do is let those memories be, popping up in my head at will. It's one of the small ways I feel I could atone for my sins. It just so happens that the rain eases the burden for me. Perhaps it's only the numbness I'm talking about, I don't know."

She could feel his gaze, but she refused to face him. She knew full well what her words might mean to him.

'Make up your mind, teacher. Indecision is a luxury we cannot afford.'

=============================================
What the title says. It's a snippet. Of what? I don't know.

Really. No plot, no sequel (ha, as if), nothing.

Just that.

Gawd, that scene has been bothering me since morning. X__X

0 typed back: