2:47 PM

Meme-ish Block 12, COMM II

Question: Which of the following heroic deeds would you have done?
a. capture a criminal
b. save a forest from denudation
c. find a cure for a supposedly non-curable disease
d. ________ (you make one)
Me answers: “Normally, I would have chosen D, but the air con's just behind my back and it's rather hard to think creatively when your bones are shivering. So, I'll take A. In the past, while the other kids were saying, “I want to be a doctor!”, I was like “I want to become the world's greatest detective!”. Oh, and I've been watching too many Criminal Minds and CSI episodes than what's healthy.”

Update on that (I forgot to include this): “Then my whole world came crashing down when I learned that UP doesn't have any courses for that. So I went with the band wagon and said “I want to be a doctor!” And of course, I landed here in Computer Science.”

Question:
Who possesses your ideal body type?
Block 12 says: “Michael Fox.” ~ Jenielle
Me answers: David Bowie, but he's old. Cho Hakkai, but he does not exactly belong to this reality. So that leaves me with er, Orlando Bloom and Viggo Mortensen. For someone nearer to my race, Ohno Satoshi. Oh wait, are we talking about the body type for my gender? Hmm, Angelina Jolie then. Or Madonna when she was younger. Ack, sorry, I don't usually spend my time ogling at a woman's body.

Question: You know you have made it when....?
Block 12 says: “When I have learned all the things I want to learn like how to play the guitar...and others.” ~ Christine
Me answers: When I can honestly die worrying only who I will first meet in the other side. I have never feared death, but I didn't say I'm not worried about my death date, whenever that is.

Question: What is the best piece of advice you have received?
Block 12 says: “[something about moving on, Philo1 troubles, and grades]” ~ Chessell
Me answers: “If you want to live in a world where no one will give you a damn, go live as a hermit. You live in a society, girl. Deal with it.” ~ Mom. Ironically enough, she then continued her sermon with how cynicism and wit will eventually be of use to me when I become a yuppie.

Question: If you were given the chance to talk to animals, what would you say?
Block 12 says: “...make friends with them...” ~ Chester
Me answers: Make friends with them (meh, what to do other than that anyway?), learn their language (figuratively speaking).

Question: What invention would you like to have invented? [There's something wrong with how I phrased that question, I know. I just couldn't remember the actual one.]
Block 12 says: “Time machine...because I have several mistakes in the past that I want to undo.” ~ Ian
Me answers: A new line of technology that is actually a hybrid of Sun Microsystems's free ware, Microsoft's advanced features, and Japan's own brand of tech knowledge. Hmm, perhaps a little emphasis on the “free” concept will do, too.

Question: What is your favorite scent?
Block 12 says: “[insert a few fancy line of fragrances like Oxygen]” ~ Francis
Me answers: Coffee with a dash of cinnamon and citrus. Works like magic to perk me up every single time.

Question: Give your top 3 phobias.
Block 12 says: “Fear of snakes, [I forgot the other one! Sorry!], and fear of God.” ~ NiƱo
Me answers: Fear of cockroaches, cockroaches, and fear of cockroaches. What can I say?

Question: If you had all the time, money and resources in the world, what skill would you like to develop?
Block 12 says: “Skill of singing...” ~ Dan
Me answers: Aw shucks, do I really have to mention just one? [does a coin toss] OK coin toss says I'd train to become an expert in sharp-shooting, sword fighting, and self-defense. You know, weapon-mistress-wanna-be and all that fiz? Who lost the coin toss? The honor of being called a techno-geek. So yeah, hacking, decrypting and all that jazz. Shame really, if that one won then it means I'd be living up to my course's expectations.

Question: If there was a machine that can increase something a hundred times its original size, what would you put inside it?
Block 12 says: “Food.” ~ Alyzza
Me answers: Someone that day verbalized my thoughts: precious gems or metal like gold, diamond, ruby, etc. Aside from the monetary gain, that piece of baby is something the world will be dying to see.

Question: What do you most often dream about?
Block 12 says: Arghh...so sorry! I wasn't able to catch Rovina's answer.
Me answers: It depends on my current situation. During our MP construction period I would always dream about me continuing my efforts on that thing, usually with an unlikely person (*ahem*Ohno*ahem*Hakkai*coughcough*Alucard) popping up to “help” me. When I'm not that stressed though, I usually can't remember my dreams.

Question: If you could add somebody's brain to yours, whose brain would you add?
Block 12 says: “Albert Einstein.” ~ Cristina (take note: she's a college scholar already T_T)
Me answers: Edgar Allan Poe.

Question: If you had to live one year away from civilization and can only bring one item, what would be it?
Block 12 says: “Underwear.” ~ Christmaelyn
Me answers: Me agrees. At least look decent when you get marooned. And I'll just clarify what kind of underwear: one piece. Duh, the question said one item only!

Question: If you could be a sports athlete for the rest of your life, in which sport will it be?
Block 12 says: “[speed racing, I just forgot the term she used].” ~ Patricia
Me answers: Archery.

Question: Which one of the following would you like to appear in if given the chance?
a. reality show
b. beauty pageant
c. skydiving
d. walking on hot coals
e. singing on national TV
Block 12 says: “...reality show...” “Any particular one in mind?” “Er, Amazing Race.” ~ Fiona
Me answers: I really liked this question because I have a comment for every option given! OK, the no-no's first. Only a crackpot would allow me to sing on National TV. Only a suicidal maniac would force/invite/sign me up for a beauty contest. Walking on hot coals is scientifically nothing thrilling, wood is an poor conductor of heat after all. Reality shows are nice but I've been exposed to the magic works of producers, promoters, and directors to actually be gullible enough to believe in a reality show's spontaneity (Meaning most of the reality shows I've watched were scripted.). So, by method of elimination (and partly by preference), I choose skydiving! Wee!! It's better than bungee-jumping, ayt? And less stressful than mountain climbing, too.

Question: If you could somehow look into the future and learned that everybody juggling actually prevented a world war from happening, what would you do?
Block 12 says: “I'd encourage the people of today to learn how to juggle [or something like that]” ~ Joy
Me answers: I'd seriously question my sanity. Come on world, why juggling? Why not ping pong?!
Bonus: Our teacher shared what she thinks is the most creative response to that one: “I'd establish a course on it: BS Juggling.”

Question: What makes you smile?
Block 12 says: “Something funny..stuff like that.” ~ Melvin (commence groans and muttered curses from the rest of the class, kill joy)
Me answers: Well-stated sarcasm, the smell of freshly brewed coffee as soon as I finish my morning bath, a good book, seeing someone trying very hard to impersonate a certain anime character, seeing my co-agents's faces, oh and of course, something funny.

Question: Given a chance, what world crisis would you like to solve?
Block 12 answers: “Poverty.” ~ Neil
Me answers: Prejudice and man's inclination to worship money. Trust me people, by solving both, all the other world crisis would eventually be poof! and everybody can be tralala.

==========================
A/N: The questions there were courtesy of Ms. Miciano's Query 2. [Er, yeah, she wasn't able to buy the first set.]

EDIT: *le gasp* I didn't realize I missed Fiona's name! So sorry!!!

1 typed back:

Anonymous said...

friend, i it's formula 1.
and dapat din archery yung second choice ko, kaso hindi na ako pinatapos ni maam e.